Ambie is run by a team of music experts, technology geeks and account managers - all of whom are passionate about delivering awesome music to spaces all over the world.
Our head office is based at Interchange (a super cool office complex in the heart of Camden Town) but the team comes from all over the UK… even as far a Glasgow :) !
We’re lucky to have some incredible backers, including the world’s leading accelerator Techstars and London-based investment syndicate, ATI. We’re also supported and advised by Graham Turner (Chairman of Vital Ingredient and ex-CEO of Tragus) and Chris Fung (MD of Crussh Fit Food and Juice Bars).
Unlike Spotify, Ambie creates personalised playlists for each business we work with. Each playlist is tailored to your specific environment and designed with your customers and staff in mind. This not only enhances your brand experience but keeps your customers happy and most importantly, coming back!
Unlike Spotify, our playlists are 18-22 hours in length and updated with new tracks on a weekly and monthly basis. This significantly reduces repeats which keeps your staff happy and productive. Find out more here.
Finally, with our unique software, we can schedule playlists throughout the day to match your different trading patterns. So, without you doing anything, the music will change to reflect your ambience - saving you valuable time!
Oh.. and did we mention we’re fully licensed to use in commercial spaces? We are and always will be.
Getting started with Ambie is quick and simple. All you need is a sound system or some speakers and an internet connection (wireless or hardwire is fine). Don’t worry; Ambie also has offline functionality for spaces where the internet connection isn’t great!
To get started:
- Sign up by clicking on the ‘get started’ button in the top right hand corner of this screen
- We’ll have a quick chat with you about your business - then we can design a collection of playlists to match
- We’ll send you our player which you connects easily to your existing speakers/sound system
- Sit back and enjoy the music!
Ambie’s pricing is based on the number of locations you want to supply music to.
In most cities, pricing starts at £30 p/month p/location and reduces the more locations you add. We also charge a one-off £50 fee for our player but if you sign up for the year, we’ll waive this cost.
We include everything in this subscription so there are no additional fees for playlist requests, updates, support etc. etc. So whether you want one playlist, or ten, it’s the same price.
All our prices exclude VAT (if applicable) and are subject to change.
For each location you sign up, you’ll receive:
- An Ambie player (plus the wires needed to connect it to the majority sound systems)
- A collection of personalised playlists designed to match your space
- Regular track updates to minimise repeats and keep playlists fresh
- The Ambie app (available on any web-enabled device our app means you can manage, monitor and give feedback on the music in each of your locations from anywhere in the world)
- 24/7 access to our support team (available for training, player setup, playlist requests, music feedback etc.)
Ambie doesn’t offer a free trial however, we have a 30-day non-refundable cancellation period which means, if you’re unhappy or unsure about the service at any time during the first 30 days, you can cancel your contract with no questions asked.
Unlike Spotify, Ambie is a licensed provider of background music however, in the UK, every business still is required to have a PRS and PPL public performance license at each of its locations that play music.
You can find out more information, and purchase these licenses, by visiting: www.prsformusic.com and www.ppluk.com or just drop us a line
Ambie works with businesses of all sizes and our service is designed to be as effective with single locations as it is with big chains.
Once we’ve designed your music profile, you can just order the number of players that matches the size of your business.
Ambie is also incredibly flexible so you can start with one player and add new players at any time - so as you grow, Ambie grows with you.